Sunday, November 7, 2010

"The Step"

If you watch golf 20 or 30 years ago you will see the players lift there heal slightly off the ground in the backswing and then step down as they swing through the hit. "The step" is for power just like baseball players when hitting step forwards and for more power. This "Step"" is very essential for getting "power" and hitting the ball far. Most players on tour currently do not do "the step" anymore, but they do something similar. All players that don't do "the step" just transfer their weight onto their front foot as they swing through the hit, but do not picking up their heal and step down on it. However, there are some players that still do it, such as the world's fourth best player Phil Mickelson. So "the step" might be an old move but it is still affective. 

Over the summer my golf coach and I were working on having a better weight transfer (for more power) and I just couldn't do it, so I began to do "the step" and every since I've being playing the greatest golf I've every played in my life. 

Try "the step" and you'll see an increase in your distance.

3 comments: